Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thursday, January 19 - Last day of English Camp

It’s the last full day of English Camp. We’re a little tired, and so are our students. Today we reviewed the words for body parts. Did you know that “waist” and “wrist” are very confusing?


Today Jan and Al shared their testimonies. We made salvation bracelets with all the students. We tried to have a sack race, but the only sacks available were rice sacks, made of paper, and they ripped pretty quickly. We had more success teaching the Hokey-Pokey. It goes with the body parts lesson!


I was encouraged today when one of my students was able to ask if she could take her workbook home with her when camp is over. Of course she can! And I gave her a high-five for putting that question together!

Tomorrow we will review, and have a closing ceremony. Then the team will move from the camp and back to our original hotel until our departure on Sunday. I’m not sure what we’re doing on Friday after camp, or on Saturday, but I’m confident that Pastor K. has a plan! He is tireless, and has a multitude of contacts. I’m looking forward to seeing what he’s got planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment